Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Music – September


Featured Band: Tool

If you haven’t heard them, you've missed a lot. ‘Tool’ is one of my favorite bands, and has to its credit some of the best songs ever made. The track ‘Lateralus’, in which the syllables of the vocals are in Fibonacci sequence(so are the drum beats), is an awesome track. The essence of rock music, I think, is to identify and lend its meaning in the context of one’s life, and this song has meant so many things to me at different times. ‘Schism’ is another track that is one of my favorites. Its guitar riff is something that I absolutely love and I am sure it will stay with you from your first listening. If you are really interested, please do check out the lyrics of this song HERE

My top ten songs for this month are:

(Song name-band/album/movie) 

  1. Schism – Tool
  2. Bittersweet Symphony – The Verve
  3. Painkiller – Judas Priest
  4. Beat It- Michael Jackson
  5. Ondonde Bacchitta Maathu (Kannada) - Inthi Ninna Preethiya…
  6. Gudugudiya Sedi Nodu(Kannada)– Raghu Dixit
  7. Kangal Irandhal(Tamil)- Subramaniapuram
  8. Bharath Humko Jaan Se(Hindi) – Roja
  9. Baavra Mann(Hindi)-Hazaaron Khwaishien Aisi
  10. Teri Deewaani(Hindi)– Kailash Kher

 

(Note: The above mentioned songs are not necessarily contemporary as can be seen by the absence of songs from “Rock On”. They are merely songs which have been played most on my system and iPod this month)

No comments: